Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Early Garden



We have been having a super Spring this year.  The days are warmer than usual and the nights have not been too cold.  The perennials are popping up along the south side of my house, even the California Poppies that keep reseeding themselves from year to year.  The peonies have many large buds now and will be beautiful in a couple of weeks.  The day lilies, phlox, and daisies will bloom last of all. 

The grass was looking gorgeous up until a few days ago.  This past weekend the temperatures were in the high 80's to low 90's and that has dried the lawn out.  I hope we'll get some rain soon so I don't have to turn on the sprinkling system. 

I did get outside to plant some of the garden pots on my deck with all this great weather. 

Lettuce, dill, parsley, basil, tomatoes, and spinach.....just starting to grow.

My shadow while taking photo of chives.

Newly planted petunias


California Poppies

The second big pot of petunias

Peony buds


A large white iris

Large pink irises



The grill is always ready on the deck for Bar-B-Q-ing.



A large leaf Hosta with oregano growing around it.



Chives .... I love to put the blossoms on my salads.


And, that's what my yard looks like right now.....


Mem


No comments:

Post a Comment