Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Everyday Eats




Lately I've been trying to use what I have in my refrigerator before it goes bad...I tend to buy more than I should....what I don't use I put in the freezer....then, before I know it, I have to stop buying new food just so I can use those bits I've stored in the freezer. 

                      I finally ate the last of my Gravlax...loved it to the very last bite.



After that was done, I have been eating the remainder of a rotisserie chicken coupled with baby lima beans and brussel sprouts sautéed in herbs and butter.

Yesterday, I saw that the spinach, and the mushrooms, were in need of cooking.  So, I put them in a frying pan, along with some onions and herbs, to have with a nice beef tenderloin which I needed to use from my freezer....see, how this can snowball?








While my head was poked in the freezer, I noticed two pieces of frozen pie dough, so I decided to make some apple tarts.  In making the individual tarts, I would be able to use the caramel sauce which was still in a left-over container in the fridge.

These tasted so darn good, I ate them all.  At least I don't have to store them in the freezer!


But......I still have more apples and caramel sauce in the fridge, and another piece of pie dough in the freezer....looks like I'll be making more tarts soon.


Mem









No comments:

Post a Comment