Thursday, June 28, 2012

She's Fast and Easy



Most everyone likes a salad....

Do you do this?



I know it looks like a restaurant assembly line, but it's quick and easy once the prep work is complete.  I like to do lots of work all at one time, then putting my salads together for several days is a snap.

The past couple of days I've been using these ingredients on top of my greens: red sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, beets, potatoes, radishes, and blue cheese.  I have carrots and cukes in the fridge but I haven't sliced them just yet.

I really love the cheese, Fourme d'Ambert, which is a wonderful French cheese from the Auvergne region of southwestern France.  If you like blue cheese, try to get some of this particular cheese. 


***Click here for the interesting history of Fourme d'Ambert.  Really worth reading IMHO.***

If I want to top the salad with more protein, I have roasted chicken and tuna ready to go.  Sometimes, I have beans and rice, too.


I guess I'm an orderly person when it comes to eating....or at least making salads.  It sure is fast after the initial prep work. A simple oil and vinegar dressing completes it, along with freshly cracked pepper and a dash of sea salt.




The finished product is really just what I wanted....and oh so tasty!  I usually have it with sparkling water or a glass of white zinfandel.  We continue to enjoy hot summer days and evenings in the 80's and 90's...


Mem










No comments:

Post a Comment