Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hey there again!

...hope you like food photos, because I'm honoring the shops on Rue Montorgueil today.....

when I remember my walk down this street last September, I want to move there this minute just so I could shop there everyday...reminiscent of my Geneva days when I shopped for fresh produce in my little neighborhood market each day for that evening's meal. It's all about buying local, fresh, seasonal, and eating right away. 

.... my meals would be soooo good.    (I eat pretty good right now, but I'm sure I would be more inspired)

The rue starts at L'eglise Saint-Eustache in the 1st arrondissement and ends in the 2nd arrondissement near where Les Halles once was, before they tore it down.  The rue is quite lengthy with shops on each side, there are even more shops on the side streets too.

Click here to see and read "A Food-Lover's Walk Down Rue Montorgueil in Paris".  This blogger has a great site called  www.thekitchn.com

Two bloggers I've been following have just posted "the Men of Rue Montorgueil",  you can read what they have to say, and see great photos of the men who own and work the shops, too.  Start with www.littlebrownpen.com/people/the-men-of-montorgueil/ ,  after that one, try this site  www.lostincheeseland.com  it's the February 29, 2012 posting on her blog.  I'm envious of them...they can go there when they want because they live there!

Now sit back and enjoy a few of the photos I took while meandering up Rue Montorgueil.....

the street sign on the north end

the entrance on the north end of Rue Montorgueil

looking back down the street....

trying to decide what to eat.....a very hard decision.....take note of the cow scene on the roof....!!

cute little marzipan oink-oinks in a pastry shop...."1 little, 2 little, 3 little piggy"......

lots of sandwiches....

yummy small pizzas for anytime....they will reheat them for you too....

all kinds of cheese.....

cheese!

you can pick up something to take home for dinner after work ends.....

young family shopping for lunch

salmon....

more salmon

fillets of fish

Monk fish and escargots

large shrimp...gambas

 scallops

sweet figs....

 juicy melons....Cavaillons, maybe?

salad plates ready to go.....

lunch plates of ham....

one of the side streets....

really cool cobbled street....

sun flowers.....

flowers....

pink flowers....

hydrangeas......

flowers.......

and........more flowers!

meat shop

I can visualize myself in an apartment here, growing old, and only having to step out my front door to buy all that I need to live on.....what a life!


.................................want to join me?

            Mem

No comments:

Post a Comment