Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hi all,

Now that Spring is here...very early for it to be here, too....I've got yard and garden items on my list of things to get done.  Yesterday, I bought potting soil to refresh the flower pots and organic fertilizer to help the little ones get a good start. I also bought some grass seed to scatter over an area that didn't fare so well in our hot weather last summer.  The yard crew has even mowed my lawn already.

It's already like our summer months here, in the high 70's and low '80's....pretty nice, even if bizarre.  I need to buy seeds for my edible greens, also.  I like to have my Earth boxes full of spinach, chard, and a mix of salad greens, that way, I always have fresh produce to make a salad.  In the past, I've grown tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, beans, potatoes, and beets in the boxes or in the small plot in my yard.  Now that I'm traveling more, it's hard to maintain so many different vegetables. 


The trees have leafed out, I'm just waiting for all the blooms to appear.  The daffodils are in bloom and the tulips also.









the chive is ready to eat.......



I've planted so many bulbs through the years since I purchased this house, but it seems the damn squirrels dig them up to eat.  The rabbits eat only a certain bulb's foliage and flowers, too. I watch it appear every Spring knowing full well that the next day it will be nibbled down almost to the soil! Oh, well......

The nights have been cold lately, so the new growth has slowed down.  I kind of like it that way, it spreads out the beauty over a longer period of time. 

Have you colored your eggs.....hope so!

Happy Easter!

Mem


















No comments:

Post a Comment