Saturday, September 15, 2012

Whoosh, whoosh...



Do you know that sound?


Hello everyone,

 Well today is one of those transition days,  beautiful sunshine but cool in the morning.

As I was lying in bed,  I heard this whooshing noise which was very unusual.  I haven't heard it in a long time... finally, it got the best of me, so with my p-jays on, I went outside with my camera to figure out what was out there,  above my house...

Before I saw anything,  but still hearing the noise,   I saw my neighbors all come out of their houses and start looking around too...

I looked up in the sky through the trees and  saw a great big hot air balloon.... ahh, so that was the noise...

Every September,  one of the real estate companies here in town--- I think it's Remax--- has a big weekend of hot air ballooning,

I tried my best to get several pictures but the trees surrounding my yard were just too high.  I did get one that,  through the trees, you can see the pretty colors of the balloon.

As I stood outside in my pajamas,  I saw and heard several more coming by overhead.  I couldn't get a really good picture, mainly because they were heading east and the sun was coming in that direction.  As you can see, the morning is beautiful!


It got by my house.... but I snapped this just before it disappeared behind those trees.




++++Trying something new:

I'm using the app "Dragon" to dictate my message.  Then when done, I email it to myself, copy it, and paste it in my blog.  It works great and I don't have to type--- I really don't like to type.

I've been using this app for quite awhile now for sending emails...at first it wasn't so good but it's gotten better over time.


Have a great weekend!

Mem

P.S.   Go MSU,  beat  ND!!  (game tonight on ABC)


 I grew up 8 miles from Notre Dame's campus, but went to Michigan State during the 60's.  ND students, after losing to MSU, attacked our band members and destroyed many prized instruments...

......also it was the Ara Parseghian era, when he went for the "tie"....some of the sports fans may remember this or heard about it.  I always cheer for the team that's playing against ND....it doesn't matter who they are!

Read here for all the reporting after the game.

Click on this to read a great recap of MSU's football history.   I went to the  Jan. 1966  Rose Bowl Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment